Dental Fillings in Whitehouse Station, NJ
Painless Dental Fillings at Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station
If you have a tooth that is bothering you, you may need a dental filling. At Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station, our New Jersey dentist, Dr. Thomas Gulino, offers a wide range of dental filling options to suit each patient’s unique needs. Whether you’re dealing with a small cavity or a more significant tooth injury, Dr. Gulino can help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.
If you’re looking for a dentist who can help you achieve a healthy and confident smile, look no further than Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station. Discover why our patients in Tweksbury and Lebanon trust their smiles to Dr. Gulino.
What Are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings can restore a damaged and decaying tooth to its original state by closing the infected area with filling material. We use dental fillings to repair cracked, broken teeth or worn-down teeth from grinding. The dental fillings process is generally easy and doesn’t require any extensive dental surgery.
Benefits of Dental Fillings
- Protect against further decay — Fillings protect the remaining healthy tooth structure from further tooth decay.
- Restore tooth function — Filling an affected tooth can restore the normal biting and chewing function.
- Maintain natural appearance — Fillings can be made to match the color of your natural teeth, maintaining the tooth’s natural appearance.
- Pain relief — Fillings can relieve pain caused by tooth decay.
Ideal Candidates for Dental Fillings
Your Whitehouse Station dentist will assess the extent of the damage and recommend the best course of treatment. We use fillings to treat a range of dental problems, including:
- Worn-down teeth
- Damaged teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
Type of Dental Fillings
We understand not every patient is the same. At Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station, we provide several dental filling options to fit our patient’s needs:
Composite: This filling is made of powdered glass and acrylic resin and is a popular choice amongst our patients due to its natural appearance. However, if you have a large area that needs to be filled, it’s not advisable to pick this option since it wears quickly over time.
Resin or Glass Ionomer: Not only do adults get cavities that need filling, but kids do too! We typically use resin or glass ionomer for children who have small areas of decay on their primary teeth.
Porcelain: Much like dental veneers and composite fillings, porcelain is strong and gives off a natural appearance. They’re produced in labs, bonded to teeth, and stain-resistant.
The Dental Fillings Process
The filling process is a quick and painless procedure.
- Anesthesic: Your dentist will numb the area around the tooth with a local anesthetic to minimize any discomfort during the procedure.
- Preparation: The dentist will remove any decayed or damaged material from the tooth and prepare the surface for the filling. If decay near the root is found, you may need a liner made from composite resin or other material placed to protect the nerve.
- Placement: The filling material will be placed into the prepared cavity and shaped to fit the tooth.
- Curing: We’ll harden the filling material using a special light.
- Polishing: Dr. Gulino will smoothen and polish the filling to ensure a natural, comfortable fit.
The dental staff here at Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station ensures you’re comfortable before, during, and after every procedure at our dental practice. Your health and well-being are always our top priorities. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment, and let us show you how we’re different from every other dentist you’ve seen!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental fillings last?
The lifespan of a dental filling depends on several factors such as:
- The size of the filling
- The type of material used
- The location of the filling in your mouth
On average, dental fillings last between seven and 15 years. To get the most out of your restoration, you should practice good oral hygiene habits and visit your dentist twice a year for professional cleanings and checkups.
How do I choose the right dentist for dental fillings?
When choosing a dentist for dental fillings, consider the following:
- Experience: Look for a dentist with extensive experience in placing dental fillings.
- Credentials: Ensure that the dentist is licensed and registered with the appropriate dental organizations.
- Recommendations: Ask for recommendations from friends, family, or your general practitioner.
- Equipment and facilities: Check that the dentist has access to modern equipment and facilities to ensure the highest quality of care.
- Communication and bedside manner: Choose a dentist who listens to your concerns and has a good bedside manner.
- Insurance and financial options: Make sure the dentist accepts your insurance and provides flexible financing options for payment.
How do I prepare for a dental filling appointment?
Before your dental filling appointment, you should:
- Brush and floss your teeth: Good oral hygiene is important before a dental filling appointment.
- Eat a light meal: You may be numb for several hours after the procedure, so it’s a good idea to eat a light meal before your appointment.
- Inform the dentist of any medical conditions: Let your dentist know of any medical conditions or medications you’re taking as they may affect the procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothing: Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment.
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete any necessary paperwork.
- Bring your insurance information: Make sure you bring your insurance information with you to your appointment.
Protect Your Smile With Us!
Our team at Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station proudly serves the communities of Whitehouse Station, Tewksbury, and Lebanon, NJ. Not only do we provide dental fillings but also several dental surgery procedures or regular dental cleaning.
Give Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station a call at (908) 534-4001 to schedule a free consultation today. You can also book an appointment, and one of our staff members will get back to you. We look forward to seeing you soon!