Dental Veneers in Whitehouse Station, NJ
Transforming Your Smile With Dental Veneers
At Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station, we know a beautiful smile can be a game-changer. It radiates confidence and leaves a lasting impression. Our modern cosmetic dentistry solutions offer a solution for those looking to enhance their smiles — dental veneers.
Whitehouse Station, NJ, dentist Dr. Thomas Gulino is pleased to offer patients in Lebanon, NJ, and its surrounding areas a revolutionary cosmetic dental treatment — dental veneers. Call our office today at (908) 534-4001 to learn how dental veneers can dramatically improve your smile’s appearance in just one or two appointments.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells designed to cover the front surface of teeth. They’re crafted to improve the appearance of teeth that are discolored, misaligned, worn down, or chipped. Veneers are made from either porcelain or composite resin, with each dental veneer material offering different benefits and involving different installation procedures.
With custom-made veneers, patients can achieve a natural and aesthetically pleasing smile. At Lasting Smiles, Dr. Gulino offers two types of veneers so our patients can get the smile they deserve.
Types of Dental Veneers at Lasting Smiles
Porcelain veneers are crafted from a high-quality ceramic material. They’re known for their durability, stain-resistant, and natural appearance, closely mimicking the translucent quality of natural teeth enamel. The process for applying porcelain veneers typically involves two or more visits to our dentist.
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are slightly different from traditional porcelain veneers as they’re made from tooth-colored, moldable materials, and are a cost-effective option. Composite resin veneers are composed of a mixture of fine glass particles and a resin medium. They’re applied directly to the teeth and can often be completed in a single visit. This material is chosen for its versatility and ability to be precisely sculpted to create the desired shape and appearance.
Reasons for Dental Veneers
Dental veneers offer a swift and dramatic transformation for those experiencing a range of dental concerns, including but not limited to:
- Uneven or Undersized Teeth: Tooth veneers can beautifully reshape and resize teeth, creating a harmonious and balanced smile.
- Discolored or Stained Teeth: Stubborn stains that resist traditional teeth whitening methods can be effectively concealed with the natural, lustrous finish of veneers.
- Spaces or Gaps Between Teeth: Dental veneers provide an elegant solution for closing gaps and spaces, resulting in a seamless, uniform smile.
- Cracked, Chipped, or Broken Teeth: Porcelain and resin veneers offer a durable and aesthetically pleasing solution to restore the integrity and appearance of damaged teeth.
- Crooked Teeth: While not a replacement for orthodontic treatment, veneers can provide the appearance of a straighter smile for those with minor misalignment.
- Teeth Lacking Enamel: Dental veneers act as a protective shield for teeth with weakened enamel, ensuring both enhanced aesthetics and functional strength.
If you find that any of the above issues are affecting you, dental veneers might be right for you. Contact our Whitehouse Station office at (908) 534-4001 to schedule an appointment and learn more about this cosmetic treatment.
Dental Veneers Process at Lasting Smiles of Whitehouse Station
- Initial Consultation: During this initial visit, our Whitehouse Station dentist will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth and discuss your goals and expectations for the veneers. He’ll also go over your medical history and answer any questions you may have.
- Preparation of Teeth: If you choose porcelain veneers, a small amount of enamel is removed from the teeth to make space for the veneers. For composite resin veneers, minimal preparation is needed, and the material is applied directly to the teeth.
- Impression and Customization: After preparing your teeth, we’ll take an impression of the prepared teeth. We’ll send the impressions to the dental laboratory where they’ll fabricate custom porcelain veneers that fit perfectly.
- Temporary Veneers (if applicable): In the case of porcelain veneers, Dr. Gulino may place temporary veneers to protect the prepared teeth while the custom ones are being fabricated.
- Final Bonding and Polishing: Once the permanent porcelain veneers are ready, We’ll carefully bond them to the teeth using a strong adhesive. From there, we’ll shape and polish them for a seamless finish.
In the case of composite resin veneers, the composite resin material is applied directly to the teeth and sculpted to the desired shape. We use a special light to harden and bond the material to the teeth. From there, we’ll shape, smooth, and polish the veneers to achieve a natural finish.
Aftercare and Maintenance for Dental Veneers
After the dental veneers are in place, proper care is essential to ensure their longevity and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile:
- Oral Hygiene Practices: Maintain a consistent oral hygiene routine to prevent plaque buildup and maintain the health of your natural teeth.
- Use Non-Abrasive Toothpaste: Use non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid damaging the tooth veneers’ surface.
- Bi-Annual Dental Check-ups and Exams: Regular visits to our dentist are crucial for monitoring the condition of your restoration and overall oral health.
- Avoid Excessive Force: Refrain from using your teeth to open packages or bite hard objects, as this can damage the dental veneers.
- Limit Staining Substances: Minimize consumption of foods and beverages known to stain teeth, such as coffee, tea, and red wine.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the veneer application process take?
The entire process, from consultation to final bonding, can take several weeks for porcelain veneers. Composite veneers, on the other hand, can often be completed in a single visit.
What are the benefits of receiving dental veneers?
There are a variety of benefits if you choose to receive dental veneers, including:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Personalized treatment plan
- Customized to fit
- Durable and long-lasting restorations
- Resistant to stains
- Quick and easy appointments
- Protects against dental sensitivity
How long do dental veneers last?
Porcelain veneers can typically last between seven to 15 years. Composite resin veneers can last up to five to seven years. To ensure its longevity, your dentist recommends following the instructions:
- Avoid eating hard foods such as popcorn and candy
- Refrain from tooth-staining foods such as dark berries and red wine
- Wear a mouth guard to prevent teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Avoid damaging habits such as eating ice and chewing your fingernails
- Schedule biannual checkups at your dentist’s office
Can I whiten my teeth with dental veneers?
Once veneers are in place, they can’t be whitened or bleached. If you’re considering teeth whitening, it’s recommended to do so before getting veneers to ensure a consistent shade across all teeth.
Enhance Your Smile With Dr. Gulino
A stunning smile can help you smile with confidence and potentially improve your life. If you have dental flaws that prevent you from living your best life, dental veneers may be the solution for you. Call our Whitehouse Station, NJ office at (908) 534-4001 to schedule an appointment to learn more about dental veneers. You can also request an appointment by clicking the button below.
We proudly provide cosmetic dental services to patients in Whitehouse Station, and surrounding areas such as Tewksbury, Branchburg, and Lebanon, NJ. We can’t wait to help you achieve your smile goals.